Products encouraging desensitization might not be intellectual property rights registered or very highly taxed

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Products encouraging desensitization might not be intellectual property rights registered or very highly taxed

Post by eLMsm »

I heard on CBS Evening News this evening that President Joe Biden has made very clear that any disrespectfulness and/or any support for any disrespectfulness won't be tolerated during his Presidency. BattleTech and other products that encourage disrespectfulness (see Subject topic for details) . Prominent BT websites, such as BG.BattleTech.com, www.Mordel.net, www.Sarna.net, and others that are desensitizing, could be blocked by Government programming of Echelon even if those websites continue deleting messages with no just cause and no just warning.
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

Captain_Martius
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Products encouraging desensitization might not be intellectual property rights registered or very highly taxed

Post by Captain_Martius »

While I haven’t seen the program you mentioned, this seems like a stretch. Let’s just summarize this quick. Long story short, while I’m sure Joe and his team are far more versed in legal and political avenues, if trump couldn’t make the largest US based companies do what he wanted, the current president has little chance of “making “ the entire internet do what he wants, good intentions or not.

Hell china can’t make their own internet sites behave (beyond “re-educating” some billionaires. And let’s agree they have more pursuasive method than are legally allowed in the US (not that some in the US wouldn’t like to try)
No good deed shall go unpunished!

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Products encouraging desensitization might not be intellectual property rights registered or very highly taxed

Post by Steve Ronin »

welcome back from the frozen North, Captain!

as for desensitization: politicians and lawyers can spout all the BS they want. And they will. However, attempting to put teeth behind a Pronouncement is often wishful thinking. Example: the Executive Order regarding wearing masks.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

Captain_Martius
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Captain_Martius »

Hi Steve!

Politics (and Politicians) are borked right now. Change is upon the world, and it's never easy. Some people are going to get burned in the changes, some will thrive (although it looks like any one who can lay claim to being a billionaire is likely in a good position - with the possible exception of the afore mentioned China :D )

two things are troubling me far more than any political wrangles (until these turn to real conflict). 1) Nature seems done with humans, between the current virus (and it's apparently natural ability to shift in similar (disconnected) ways to evade attempts at containment) and nature itself (it's a cold day in Texas). All the tech in the world may not be enough if the planet itself "adjusts" to us, by ... well... giving some other species a shot in 65 million years (I personally plan to leave behind the most incomprehensible burial site for their version of archaeologists to find :)

2) there are too many coincidences in all these polarized discussions. I don't care if it's politics, race, environment, energy sources, what ever. both sides of every debate just seem to be a little too coordinated, a little to "echo chamber" fed, and sometimes, financially backed for this to be organic. There's too much emphasis on the local "us verses them". If we forget there is another "them", not the ultra-paranoid alien (or gods help me - lizard people) them (a red herring if ever there was one), but the them that have no interest in the existing world establishment (ill let you decide which countries might fit that description). Romans were all powerful - until they rotted from inside. Alexander the Great was unstoppable - until he, and he alone, suddenly died (cause doesn't matter, results do), and so on.

My take on those lessons from history:

What you cannot assault from outside, can be more effectively undone from inside, not by spies, but by the people who forgot that change made them great, and unity was all that protected them.

I'm feeling philosophical this morning .. but I tried to cover it up.

I failed :)

Not the first time... won't be the last ;)
No good deed shall go unpunished!

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

there is a saying, which even to the most obtuse, is proving to be true:

“Hard times create strong men,
strong men create good times,
good times create weak men,
and weak men create hard times.”
- author G. Michael Hopf,

I would amend that with this...

good times create good men,
good men create easy times,
easy times create weak men;

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Some real life businesses, that donate to Democrats and/or Republicans, could persuade them to outlaw desensitized products.
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

that is already done.
by the Billion$.
but nobody cares about desensitization.
thus.
it won't get any money,
and politicians won't care even more.

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Some local governments won’t allow items, that impose desensitizations, within their jurisdictions. And some business owners won’t provide service to any BTers unless said BTers can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that said BTers aren’t desensitized.

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Given President Joe Biden’s and Vice President Kamala Harris’s comments this evening, I’m sure there’s going to be a small amount of time before he calls for the Federal Trade Commission or Internal Revenue Service to respectively discontinue the “intellectual” property rights of BattleTech or tax the incomes of them very highly.
Last edited by eLMsm on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

I'll believe it when they start "hyper-taxing" MtG and Pokemon cards. :lol:

tis much easier to legalize MJ then Max Tax it to death.

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

BattleTech communicates about the USA no longer existing, and thus I don’t theorize President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris will be supportive of BattleTech.