ideas for new AToW Life Paths & their new Events: put them here. New Life Path taptyped Sun Dec 12, 2021

Enjoy conversations with Battletech fans. Exchange ideas, ask questions, post new content.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

ideas for new AToW Life Paths & their new Events: put them here. New Life Path taptyped Sun Dec 12, 2021

Post by eLMsm »

Panhandling (one day)
2 You have no job so you’re put in the Infantry. Next Life Path: Military Enlistment
3 You get fined for loitering. Wealth -2
4 A gang of teenagers beat you up. Glass Jaw
5 A thief steals your cash. Wealth -1
6 A car nearly hits you. Flashbacks
7 Nothing important occurs.
8 You saved a human’s life at a restaurant after giving said child the Heimlich Maneuver. Contact +1 and Good Reputation +1
9 A human thinks your story of how you “need” money for “medicine” is true. Wealth +1
10 A rich couple invites you for dinner
after you save them from a parked burning vehicle. Wealth and Good Reputation +2
+2, Two Contacts +3
11 A Law Applier appreciates the physical description of a kidnapper’s vehicle that you gave her or him. Contact +2 Wealth +3
12 Choose one event or roll 2D6.
Last edited by eLMsm on Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: ideas for new AToW Life Paths & their new Events: post them here

Post by Steve Ronin »

not bad ideas for MW background.

but I feel like I've read them elsewhere ... almost word for word.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: ideas for new AToW Life Paths & their new Events: post them here. New life path taptyped Sun Dec 11, 2021

Post by eLMsm »

Note that hubeings, that have mental illness(es) , are usually less violent than hubeings that don’t have mental illness(es) ; and so I chose “Psychiclogical Dependency” instead of “Psychological Dependency”.

Psychiclogical Dependency (Mental Illness)
Time: minimum six months.
2 A huentity makes false accusations against you and sues you! Wealth -10
3 You behave derangely and are fined for disturbing the peace. Wealth -2 Bad Reputation -1
4 You attend a Clubhouse, and are busy. SOC -1
5 You’re prescribed a psychiatric drug. Addiction, Wealth -1 per year
6 Because you seem psychologically disturbed, you’re distrusted a little bit. Stigma Psychologically Disturbed -1
8 You’ve been volunteering to assist kindergarteners reading books. Good Reputation +1
9 At Clubhouse, you learn some skills: Athletics +1 Cleaning +1 Cooking +1 Running +1 Typing +1 Weightlifting +1
10 You communicate quickly to a police officer that questions you. Trait Fast Talk
11 You get a job! Next Path: Civilian Job, but you may not use weapon(s) at said job.
12 You can now sense events before they occur! Trait Sixth Sense

Holovideoaudio Watcher & Listener
Time: minimum two hours each day for one month (if adult) .
2 Subliminal broadcasting causes you to rebel against authority. Bad Reputation, Enemies
3 Advertiser made false claim to sue you for merchandise you never ordered. Wealth -10
4 You start using unhealthy substance, xor lightning storm disrupted reception. Addiction Wealth -1 per year that you have said addiction, xor you missed important information.
5 You’re denied employment at a job after you negatively criticized a sports team you watched.
6 You fail to pay your holovideoaudio bill on time.
Next Path not this Path.
8 You purchased a rare item you saw and heard advertised. Special rare item
9 You hear about and get a job. Next Path: Civilian Job or Law Applier Job or Covert Ops Job or Military Enlistment
10 You get a new Vehicle advertised. Trait Vehicle
11 You give authorities the location of an extremely hard core criminal that’s face was broadcasted on the news. Contact, Wealth 9
12 You get married to a wonderful news journalist that hosts news episodes. Contact
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.