Galactic: Ground Wars concept art

Post your fan art here. Ask questions and get advice from the pros.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, thecircus, shalom itay

Rommel Twee
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Galactic: Ground Wars concept art

Post by Rommel Twee »

Yuppers, you all read the title correctly...Ground Wars. With the countdown to Conflict in the Stars to be before Xmas, we have started on the next portion of the game series. GWS will have most of the familiar units your used to seeing, they just wont play the same as in other games that concentrate on few types of Kings of the Battlefield. First up is the preliminary model for a TRAX unit. When done it'll be a hybrid mecha/tank styled unit. Just wanted to get this out of my system before the Release 2 ships are finished...enjoy

~Kirk~ (alderfek@aol.com)

"North of Mason, South of Dixon, 2nd star to the right."

ImageImage

Paint it Pink

Post by Paint it Pink »

Okay, will wait and see how this pans out. Any links about this project? More background info etc?
The Unseen once seen cannot be unseen

http://panther6actual.blogspot.com/

Rommel Twee
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Rommel Twee »

Paint it Pink wrote:Okay, will wait and see how this pans out. Any links about this project? More background info etc?
No, no links. Have kept the backgrounds fairly quiet, even amoung the guys helping with the proofing and playtesting. Just ask Jeff. The plan is to do the ground units after the first two groups of starships are released and the advanced starship rules released.

Here is the updated basic model for the Challenger.

ImageImage

thecircus
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by thecircus »

Looks good. A suggestion, though....lower the silhouette.

jeff
"This is Liberty Hall, You can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!"

[fullalbumimg]3303[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]3543[/fullalbumimg]

shalom itay
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by shalom itay »

OK, I see the little man, how big is this thing?

BlackHornet
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BlackHornet »

Holy crap it's a Land battleship!!!
I'd love to attack it with a platoon of power armor.
BlackHawk01-"Everyone knows a cool BattleBuggy needs a bitchin' set of pipes..."

thatjimboguy
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by thatjimboguy »

I like it so far. I'd like to see some stats on it as well if that's not asking too much.
"Win if you can. Lose if you must, but always cheat" - Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Rommel Twee
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Rommel Twee »

thatjimboguy wrote:I like it so far. I'd like to see some stats on it as well if that's not asking too much.
Sorry, no stats yet. The original plan was that different size/type units would get so many combat action points. Each point equaling an attack. But I have handed off the rules creation for Ground Wars to one of the crew. So I am not exactly sure what it will be. I will be doing the construction rules though.
BlackHornet wrote:I'd love to attack it with a platoon of power armor.
Given the nastiness of how we are envisioning ground combat in the Galctic universe, you'll have to have powerarmor just to live a little bit longer.
shalom itay wrote:OK, I see the little man, how big is this thing?
Will have to check on that. But it is easily 70+ feet long and that is just a 'heavy' TRAX too ;)

Just think about land battleships like BH said. It'll have main weapons, and secondaries. point defense and missiles of different types. And will eat 'kings of the battlefield' for breakfast. Cause if you are going to be a bigger target, you had better be able to get out of the way.

ImageImage

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

It looks like your off to a good start and i think the project will look a lot better when you have designed a tank like hull and added that to the triple tracks. To be totally original have you thought about having the twin tracks at the front of this vehicle and a weapon barrel supported by the rear single track, just someting a bit different and wacky... :)