Some random 'mech Sketches

Post your fan art here. Ask questions and get advice from the pros.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, thecircus, shalom itay

Centurion13
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Centurion13 »

Eric,

Email me with the 'Mechs you are interested in working with, and I will send you the stats in the usual format.

Cent13 (Steve)

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dart Omega »

I have been looking over the mechs and reading the chat and I have to say those machines are well done and I have to say a bit better then seen from the current BT stuff.

MacArmCav
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by MacArmCav »

in needed i got most of the tros in pdf format if you want to use that way

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

How about a one or two online TRO sites anyone have any links for Eriance to view. :?:
Last edited by AVA MANGO TWO on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shalom itay
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by shalom itay »

AVA MANGO TWO wrote:How about a one or two online TRO sites anyone have any links :?:
here you go folks http://www.chaosmarch.com/ - It has it all!

Eriance
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Eriance »

Here's the newest finished lineart for a custom mech of mine; the "Firestorm". I was playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein and had an idea for a flamethrower 'mech. Was originally going to be someone like a Firestarter variant, but design was too too different, so made it a new mech. Design is heavily based on the German Flamethrowers.

Stats here: http://www.battletechuniverse.org/hpgup ... 817#154817
Serious Business

Centurion13
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Centurion13 »

It looks almost like a LAM. Is that what you wanted, Eriance?

Cent13

Eriance
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Eriance »

Nope, just a trench coat effect. No other way, that I know of, to do it other than those wing-things. o_o Dont hink the design looks very good for a LAM. Can't transform into an airplane with that design.

I did think about designing a LAM eventually, but it would be pretty complicated having it have 3 designs that have the transform into each other. I don't think Solaris Skunk Werks has LAM support; though i haven't checked.
Serious Business

MechRat
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by MechRat »

Eriance,

No, SSW does not support LAMs at this time and probably never will. It is meant to be current with existing rules (Total Warfare, Strat Ops, etc.). That being said, your artwork is wicked awesome! 8) Thanks for sharing!

--MR
(avatar by Knightmare)

"Beware the quiet ones, for you know not what they think." - me

OurBattleTech - A place for Alternate Universes to call home

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

That being said, your artwork is wicked awesome! 8) Thanks for sharing!
I would like to second this and im so very pleased that you have become a bit of a regular poster here on BTU, i alway enjoy viewing your work and check more often than not to see if you have posted up anything new. :D zac

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

ERIANCE,
Your artwork is phenomenal as always.
I like the concept of the trenchcoat, but think it adds clutter to the design as a whole.

You've probably posted it, but do you have a website where most of your artwork is posted?

I personally would love to see your version of a CRB-27 CRAB.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dart Omega »

I would also like to see the crab redone, because I don't know about everyone else but the right arm seems a bit to thin to be supporting a Large laser..

if you need a free program that has LAMs there is always the drawing board, though it is a bit inaccurate in the BV, cost, and armor points at times it is still a nice program to work with and the only one I had ever used until I had gotten my HM mech program(in some areas I still think TDB is much better then ricks program).

with that said, I have to say you are good at drawing mechs.

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

Pesonally i would really like to see the old and original Battledroids drawn up in TRO style format and from there create a (add on) to the Starleague 2750 TRO, now that would really be worth doing in my opionion as it would fill quite a big gap in the advancment in mech designs during the early part of Battletech history.
I have all the Battledroid Miniatures so i could provide reference material and stats but only i only have a small amount fluff text from the old magazines and would need a half competent writter to help out which i dont think would be a massive issue seeing all the current activity in the fiction forum...
Also the beauty of this is that it would only be a small project somethng like twelve mechs total but it would fill a gray area in that particular time in Battletech history and it could be called TRO 2750+ 8) zac

Eriance
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Eriance »

All my art, in generally, are posted here: http://Eriance.deviantart.com

Unfortunately, due to school i wont be able to draw any more mechs for a while to come. The next, and last one for a while to come will be the custom Anvil I was commissioned for. Exams will be coming up for the next 2 weeks, so i'm pretty much swamped until then.

There just isn't enough time for anything with my current class set up for some reason. I really don't understand how only 13 credit hours can take up ALL my time. Last semester I look 16 hours and it was a breeze. And they were harder classes. O_o
Serious Business

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

My idea is something ive wanted to see done for many years now, it can wait a while longer if you are genuinely interested in helping out with the artwork. :D zac

Eriance
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Eriance »

3063 custom Anvil for Centurion13.

Serious Business

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

A very good well proportioned rendition considering the original art and miniature are both as fugly as sin.... 8) zac

MechRat
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by MechRat »

Excellent dynamic pose, well done! Thanks for sharing.
(avatar by Knightmare)

"Beware the quiet ones, for you know not what they think." - me

OurBattleTech - A place for Alternate Universes to call home

Eriance
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Eriance »

The final image I was commissioned for the 3063 TRO; the Vulcan II. Based on the custom one I made earlier this year that revived my interest in Btech.

Serious Business

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

Very impressive indeed, im so pleased that you have regained a interest for Battletech and huge stompy robots again. :D zac
ps: When things get back to normality for you i think i will need to talk with you about a few pieces of artwork...

kampson
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by kampson »

Much better pose then the first version.

Not sure I like the look of the double cockpit though. Less the top one is supposed to be a searchlight?
Capt Kampson

Eriance
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Eriance »

The "head" on the mech, like the first one, is just a sensor. The original Vulcan had something sticking out the top that looked like a smoke-stack or vent. I just turned it into a sensor pod. :)
Serious Business

Centurion13
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Centurion13 »

Eriance wrote:The final image I was commissioned for the 3063 TRO; the Vulcan II. Based on the custom one I made earlier this year that revived my interest in Btech.

It really is the final image. The rest of the TRO 'Mech art is done.

Excellent work, as always.

Cent13

Eriance
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Eriance »

Custom Jagermech complete.

Think i'm going to take a break on drawing mechs and start practicing on some vehicles and airplanes. I need serious work on those. :(
Serious Business

Blackhawk01

Post by Blackhawk01 »

Dang! That Jaegermech is freakin schweet!! :shock: