Need Help Dueling in RDR!! (For 360)

Discuss general gaming issues NOT specifically related to MechWarrior, MechCommander, MechAssault or BT PnP games

Moderator: Ravion Hawk

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Need Help Dueling in RDR!! (For 360)

Post by GRUD » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:35 pm

It's been a while since I started playing the game, and I can't remember how to duel in Red Dead Redemption on the 360. :oops: After successfully "tagging" places to shoot my opponent, I only end up getting gunned down myself. It's to where when someone challenges me to a duel, I simply gun them down and keep moving. :lol: The downside to that is that you have to win a duel against someone in Armadillo, in order to unlock part of one of the outfits. One of the side missions is to convince an actor that he's not such a badass gunmen like he thinks he is, and I was somehow able to win that duel, but I don't know how I did it. :? I've even got the strategy guide, and neither it nor the instructions that came with the game tell you how to duel. If someone can give me precise, step-by-step instructions on how to WIN a duel, I'd sure Appreciate it! :thumleft: :wink:

While I'm at it, any tips for hitting a damn bat with a tomahawk in Undead Nightmare would be nice also. Especially since you can't use Deadeye to hit the little buggers. :P
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 am

RDR is a cool game.
played it at a cousins' house.

but after a while, it got boring riding everywhere on a horse. :P :lol:

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:44 pm

At least it's PLAYABLE from Horseback. Unlike Two Worlds or Oblivion. :P With those two, I run everywhere or "Fast Travel", and I haven't bothered with horses in Skyrim at all. I figured it would be more of the same from Oblivion. They might control better/easier on the PC version, but in the 360 version horses are useless. :? In RDR you can run people and animals over, knocking them down. I accidentally knocked a deputy down coming back with a bounty, and after the cutscene they jumped me for "attacking" him! :lol: It wasn't MY fault the idiot walked in front of me. :P
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"