Newton’s Third Law of Motion was a deliberate lie according to a History Channel documentary.

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Newton’s Third Law of Motion was a deliberate lie according to a History Channel documentary.

Post by eLMsm »

Newton’s Third “Law” of Motion was a deliberate lie; it says “For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.”. A huwoman being, that jumps in front of a freight train’s wheels, is likely to be cut severely perhaps to her death because her clothing cannot possibly put an equal reaction against said freight train’s wheels. So why did Newton phrase that 3rd “Law” of Motion the way that he did centuries ago? According to a History Channel documentary, he had to because the corrupt Inquisition had declared that all Warfare damage violence were “punishments from God” (soldiers were brainwashed to believe that they were invincible, and those soldiers that weren’t invincible, were punished from “God”), and that anyone speaking out against that declaration could be punished for heresy; such punishments that the Inquisition imposed were torture, fines, imprisonments, or deaths.

And what if I’m walking clockwise in a circle vector in a hot air balloon basket that is both in the atmosphere sky and one-eighth of a km above the ground, is that hot air balloon going to rotate in a circle vector counter-clockwise while I am walking that clockwise vector?

Some combat vehicles mount armor to provide “opposite but not necessarily equal reactions to damages actions inflicted” , and yes sometimes damage actions penetrate armor because said armor fails to provide opposite and equal reactions.

Each of the Twin Towers on 9/11 each didn’t exert “an opposite and equal reaction” against a passenger jet that crashed into said Twin Tower.

The New Orleans Levees each didn’t exert “an opposite and equal reaction” to Hurricane Katrina’s actions.
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.