Latest WIP

The Miniatures Showcase. Display your works of art and conversions.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Latest WIP

Post by Ravion Hawk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:37 am

I've been dealing with what some would call mild depression since I got home. Can't sleep, various flashbacks, etc. I've got various projects in differing states of WIP as of late and since I've been working on this star most recently, I figured I show them off and ask for a little help in naming the unit.

The paint scheme is roughly taken from the Blood Spirit Blood Guards. And I'm thinking of taking my Frost Guard binary of old skool Omnimech sculpts and repainting them into this scheme and making it a full trinary.

I really would like to keep with the avian theme of the Iron Ravens since I doubt there are any Blood Spirit units that haven't had their unit parade schemes canonized over at CSO. If there is a Blood Spirit unit that these would fit in and haven't had their scheme canonized, I'll have Blood Spirit decals printed up ASAP and get better pics taken and have them submitted to CSO.

"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

beaker
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Latest WIP

Post by beaker » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:20 am

Sorry, I do not have a suggestion for a name, but W :shock: W it's hard to pick a favorite out of the group, very nice.
Therefore take heed how you impawn our person, how you awake our sleeping sword of war:... Henry V

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:37 am

How about the Cardinals as in the football team they have the same color kits and you did want to stick with an avian theme. :)

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:56 am

I did some searching and found that the Blood Spirits Delta Galaxy has no canon paint scheme nor a nickname. I decided to make this the paint scheme for Delta Galaxy and name them "Cloak of Blood."

I'll be merging my old Frost Guards binary into this unit along with stragglers from the bits box.

I'm currently trying to figure out how I'm going to paint 'Mechs that have no waist into this unit. One school of thought is to just paint the legs white and consider the rest part of the upper portion of the 'Mech.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."