Tantalum Hafnium Carbide Hexagonal Diamond Lonsdaleite Armor, Aligned crystal steel armor, diamond monofilabe armor

Submit and discuss your custom designed 'Mechs, aerospace,vehicles, protos, battlearmor, weapons, etc.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Tantalum Hafnium Carbide Hexagonal Diamond Lonsdaleite Armor, Aligned crystal steel armor, diamond monofilabe armor

Post by eLMsm »

Aligned crystal steel armor is identical to standard armor with the following exceptions:

Energy attacks against exclusively aligned crystal steel armor do half damage and halved again if this armor is also reflective armor and halved again if the energy attack inflicts a glancing blow. Ballistic, missile, artillery, and physical attacks: do double damage against aligned crystal steel armor and apply a +4 modifier to all Determining Critical Hits Table rolls against crystal steel armor, and halved again if this armor is also reactive armor and halved again if the ballistic/missile/artillery/physical attack inflicts a glancing blow.

Diamond monofilabe armor is identical to standard armor with the following exceptions:

Energy attacks against exclusively diamond monofilabe armor: do double damage and apply a +4 modifier to all Determining Critical Hits Table rolls against this armor, and halved of said damage if this armor is also reflective armor and halved of said damage again if the energy attack inflicts a glancing blow. Ballistic, missile, artillery, and physical attacks inflict do half damage against diamond monofilabe armor and halved of said damage if this armor is also reactive armor and halved of said damage again if the ballistic/missile/artillery/physical attack inflicts a glancing blow.

Each of those two types of armor have a BV equal to standard armor
multiplied by 88%, and each may be made also as hardened armor (benefits and drawbacks of respective armors apply) .

Tantalum Hafnium Carbide Hexagonal Diamond Lonsdaleite Armor is identical to standard armor with these exceptions: a, provides 32 points of armor per ton; b, has a Tech rating of Early 21st Century; c, has a cost of 150 times that of standard armor’s cost.
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Tantalum Hafnium Carbide Hexagonal Diamond Lonsdaleite Armor, Aligned crystal steel armor, diamond monofilabe armor

Post by Steve Ronin »

..big freaking word armor = Marvel Hero Unobtanium Armor. :lol:

bear in mind, canon armor is reflective of the armor technology of the 1980s.
thus...
Rolled steel homogenous armor = standard BattleMech armor
Cast plate armor = primitive industrial armor
Chobham ceramic alloy armor = Ferro-fiberous armor

you've got some great ideas for homebrew house rules ... and that imagination would have me terrified to have you as a DM. :thumleft: :wink:

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Tantalum Hafnium Carbide Hexagonal Diamond Lonsdaleite Armor, Aligned crystal steel armor, diamond monofilabe armor

Post by eLMsm »

Sometimes, I scare me. :lol: What’s a DM by the way?
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

old school for Dungeon Master or Game Master. the guy running a scenario.

the guys I play with won't let me GM anymore.
:twisted: something about starting a scenario with a heavy battalion and escaping with only a medium lance. :twisted:
I don't understand why they hold a grudge... I did let their characters live. :twisted:

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Oh.

I sometimes regret not having taken Creative Writing Course in High School.

Maybe they wanted their characters to become deceased so that they could become ghosts?

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

oh, I 'ghosted' all but 5 crew from their heavy tank company, +11 NPC MechWarriors and 3 Player Mechwarriors.

they attacked a target in territory defended by 2 militia regiments + a Merc Mech company, and stuck around the target so long that most of the defenders were able to get into weapons range. Yes, they gutted both regiments (40% casualties) and destroyed half the Mercs, but "Quantity has a Quality all its own."