MECHWARRIOR RETURNS!

Discussions relating to the CBT, MechWarrior, or Dark Age series of PnP board, Console, or PC games. Trade tips and strategies.

Moderator: Ravion Hawk

Charlie Tango

MECHWARRIOR RETURNS!

Post by Charlie Tango » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:13 am

Just go to the link...

http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002275p1.html

Holy Awesomeness!!!

"No one conquers who doesn't fight." -- Wisdom found inside a fortune cookie

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:20 am

I have mixed feelings about this: On one hand I am thrilled that there is a new game for the PC and the XBox 360 but on the other hand this is not the kind of game I was hoping for.

I prefer the more MechCommander style game not the Mechwarrior style. I could be wrong and this is more than it currently appears to be so, I will wait until I see more information before I make my final judgement.

Deluge
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Deluge » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:18 am

Awesome... I've been starving for some new mech action for far too long. I'll gobble up any mech candy they put out, even if it sucks.

Deathstrike
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Deathstrike » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:35 am

Typhoon wrote:I have mixed feelings about this: On one hand I am thrilled that there is a new game for the PC and the XBox 360 but on the other hand this is not the kind of game I was hoping for.

I prefer the more MechCommander style game not the Mechwarrior style. I could be wrong and this is more than it currently appears to be so, I will wait until I see more information before I make my final judgement.
You gotta start somewhere and beggars can't be choosers at this point.

If this succeeds, well, Mechcommander is sure to follow.
My escape route goes through the enemy.

Snake Eyes
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Snake Eyes » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:38 pm

:shock: O.M.G.
Steele Industries:

Proud sponsor of the Solaris VII games for 30 years

CHHšDeathwalker
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by CHHšDeathwalker » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:04 am

very sweet...I am hanging out to see more of this.... :D :D :D

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:59 am

Heads up all you MW4 fans out there i just found this bit of info over on LOTB. :D
http://www.BattleTech.com

Additionally:

MechWarrior To Be Distributed Free On BattleTech.com

In honor of BattleTech’s 25th anniversary, Smith & Tinker has authorized MekTek.net and MekTek Studios to distribute MechWarrior 4 (along with its expansion packs) completely free. For years, MekTek.net has been the central point for online distribution of MechWarrior 4 expansion packs. Now they can provide the core game free to the fans as well. Keep an eye on BattleTech.com—the free download will be available soon!

About Smith & Tinker
Smith & Tinker is an inventor of kid-focused entertainment products that create a new play experience for the connected generation. The company’s toys and games encourage social interaction and play among kids by bridging the Internet and physical world. Founded in 2008 by executives who share a passion for reinventing play for today’s tech-savvy generation Smith & Tinker is led by executives from some of the world’s top brands including Cranium Inc., Hasbro Inc., The Walt Disney Company and Microsoft. Smith & Tinker was founded by Jordan Weisman, creator of the MechWarrior gaming franchise, which has sold over 11 million PC games worldwide. More information is available at www.smithandtinker.com.