What would you like to see in a "new" Mechwarrior

Discussions relating to the CBT, MechWarrior, or Dark Age series of PnP board, Console, or PC games. Trade tips and strategies.

Moderator: Ravion Hawk

Deathstrike
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

What would you like to see in a "new" Mechwarrior

Post by Deathstrike »

Yes I know, another "new mechwarrior thread" but humor me. As of late I've been considering options for developing a fan based Mechwarrior game since it's obvious Mechwarrior 5 will never come. At least they're not dragging us around with the occasional screenshot or video like Duke Nukem did to it's fan base. :roll:

So here's some information I want from you:

.What conflict do you want it set in (war, time period, ect)
.What area or specific world would you like to see it set in
.What faction
.Any new game additions
.Any specific characters involved

Add whatever other info you want as well.

Furthermore I want anyone who knows anything about the inner workings of Mechwarrior 3 and 4 to contact me. I have some things I need to know about how far they can be modded.
My escape route goes through the enemy.

Schriv
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Schriv »

I'd like to see the gane cover the 3025-3060ish time frame.
MW4 has covered the FC civil war (sort of) and all the silly munchkin tech of the 3060's and especially the Jihad doesn't deserve any game play.
You would need to be able to play at least a couple of the major houses and or clans. Only a few specific mechs belong to each house, so that shouldn't be too difficult. Everything else is similar.
A series of unrelated but progresive battles such as those found in the Xbox 360 Star Trek Legends game would let you start off as a cadet/subaltern in 3025 and fight through your carreer up to the FCCW.
Same with the clanners.
I'm not sure If you can legally do it, but the unseens would be really welcome in any game like this.

Choppa 6
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Choppa 6 »

Maybe some Mercs! Agreed, 3025 era! Old Tech.

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dart Omega »

.What conflict do you want it set in (war, time period, ect):

I would like to see it cover all aspects of the Realm but leave out WOB/Fed Com Civil War.

I myself would enjoy seeing maybe the Saint Ives Compact Vs. Cap Con with two different endings. one where the Capcon wins and the other the Saint Ives Win.

but I would also not mind it being set in any time frame with no real war in mind.

.What area or specific world would you like to see it set in:

all over would be nice.

.What faction

All :)

.Any new game additions

make it where we can fight endless missions like the first Mech Warrior PC game had in it

.Any specific characters involved

Not really

.Add whatever other info you want as well.

have Omni mechs be full omnis and standard mechs using any weapons but have a set time for it to be installed before use.

Engine locked down and Endo Steel not be moved or changed to standard frame.

maxoconnor
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by maxoconnor »

Actually I've heard that the new Front Mission 6 is going to be the new MechWarrior 5.

If you have never played Front Mission, it is turn based robots much like battletech.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=49743078
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my warpipes.