Historicon 2009

Discussions relating to the CBT, MechWarrior, or Dark Age series of PnP board, Console, or PC games. Trade tips and strategies.

Moderator: Ravion Hawk

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Historicon 2009

Post by Speck »

Historicon 2009 – July 16th to 19th

Check out www.historicon.org for more information about hotels and general con information. This will be the last Historicon in Lancaster, PA, next year the show moves to Baltimore. Below are our events that will be going on from Thursday to Saturday night.

To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Battletech, we are doing a raffle some Battletech goodies off each day. There will be three winners each day, two for general entries and than one for kill entries. Anyone will be able to enter into the drawing for the two general winners, but whenever you get a kill in a game, you will get to enter a ticket. The prizes are being provides by Allen Soles, Iron Wind Metals, BV Traders, Brent Evans (Battletech Artist), and Catalyst Game Labs. More information about the prizes will be added as the show approaches.

Thursday

T-342 - Battletech: Raid on New Earth
Thurs. 12 PM, 6 hrs, 8 players
GM: Mark Yingling, Sponsor: Battlecorps, Prize: Certificates
SciFi 1:285 micro, Rules: CBT – Total Warfare
In 3076, as preparation for invading the Blake Protectorate, the Coalition decided to raid New Earth to test the defenses for Protectorate worlds. The raid started off bad with heavy losses in the space battle and then became worse once on world. Join the action on either side to find out what the Coalition ran into on world. All materials, miniatures and dice provided. Intermediate to experienced players; no players under age 15.

T-348 to 354 - Battletech Demo Game
Thurs. 12 PM to 8 PM, in 1 hr blocks , 4 players
GM: Bethany Stahlman, Sponsor: Iron Wind Metals, Prize: Certificates
Walk-up demos for Battletech game system using the Quick Start rules. You will be able to choose from four different mechs that are included with the Quick Start rules. After several rounds of Quick Start play, rules from the Introductory Rule set will be taught to players. This will allow a quicker translation into the Grinder event. All materials, miniatures and dice will be provided. Beginner friendly.

T-344 to 347 - Battletech – Grinder
Thurs. 12 PM to 11 PM, 2 hrs first block and other 3 blocks 3 hrs, 6 players
GM: Dave Yingling, Sponsor: Iron Wind Metals, Prize: Certificates
The Grinder is a free for all Battletech Demo game where new (or returning) players will be taught using the Introductory Rules. You start out with a Light Mech and as you die, you advance up to the next weight class. Game will be using miniatures from Iron Winds Metals beginner sets and other Mechs from the Classic Battletech line. All materials, miniatures and dice provided. Beginner friendly; rules taught.

T-343 - Battletech: Assault on Tikograd
Thurs. 7 PM, 6 hrs, 8 players
In Sept 3028, the Federated Suns launched the second wave of their massive invasion of the Capellan Confederation. The key target of this wave was the planet of Tikonov, which was defended by several Capellan Mech Regts. Help the 6th and 8th Crucis Lancers take Tikograd or defend the city from the Federated Suns. All materials, miniatures and dice provided. Intermediate to experienced players; no players under age 15.

Friday

F-355 - Battletech - Loss of Babylon
Fri. 10 AM, 4 hrs, 8 players
In early 3072, Clan Diamond Shark lost their enclave on the planet of Babylon to an all out assault by unknown battlemechs that belonged to Clan Coyote. A combined force of battlemechs, protomechs, and battlearmor attacked the Diamond Sharks 39th Striker Cluster. Join the fight to help save Babylon or conqueror it for Clan Coyote. All materials, miniatures and dice provided. Intermediate to experienced players; no players under age 15.

F-362 to 369 - Battletech Demo Game
Fri. 11 AM to 8 PM, 1 hrs for each block, 4 players
Walk-up demos for Battletech game system using the Quick Start rules. You will be able to choose from four different mechs that are included with the Quick Start rules. After several rounds of Quick Start play, rules from the Introductory Rule set will be taught to players. This will allow a quicker translation into the Grinder event. All materials, miniatures and dice will be provided. Beginner friendly.

F-358 to 361 - Battletech – Grinder
Fri. 11 AM to 11 PM, 3 hrs for each block, 6 players
The Grinder is a free for all Battletech Demo game where new (or returning) players will be taught using the Introductory Rules. You start out with a Light Mech and as you die, you advance up to the next weight class. Game will be using miniatures from Iron Winds Metals beginner sets and other Mechs from the Classic Battletech line. All materials, miniatures and dice provided. Beginner friendly; rules taught.

F-356 - Battletech: Hells Highway
Fri. 3 PM, 4 hrs, 8 players
GM: Scott Peterson, Sponsor: Iron Wind Metals, Prize: Certificates
A convoy of Liao supplies is on their way to the front lines but on the way a Mercenary attack. All materials, miniatures and dice provided. Intermediate to experienced players; age 15 or older.

F-357 - Battletech: Assault on Robyn's Crossing
Fri. 8 PM, 4 hrs, 10 players
In 3052, the ComGuards took the fight to the Clans in the Battle of Tukayyid. At Robyn’s Crossing the 214th and 388th Divisions defended the bridge across the river from Clan Jade Falcon. The early attack went well for the Falcons by crushing the 214th Divisions. Join the fight for the Crossing by either defending it from the Falcons or join the Falcon Guards in the assault. All materials, miniatures and dice provided. Intermediate to experienced players and no players under age 15.

Saturday

S-370 - Battletech: Trap on York
Sat. 10 AM, 4 hrs, 8 players
York was suppose to be a quite base for Victor Davion and his Allied forces during the Fed Com Civil War, but to their surprise General Esteban had set a trap for them. Within a few short hours of their landings, the Loyalist had divided the Allied forces and was close to capturing Victor Davion. Join the fight to either save Victor Davion’s Allied forces or destroy them. All materials, miniatures and dice provided. Intermediate to experienced players and no players under age 15.

S-377 to 384 - Battletech Demo Game
Sat. 11 AM to 8 PM, 1 hrs for each block, 4 players

S-373 to 376 - Battletech – Grinder
Sat. 11 AM to 11 PM, 3 hrs for each block, 6 players

S-371 - Battletech: Fight for Galatea 3075
Sat. 3 PM, 4 hrs, 10 players
GM: Mark Yingling, Sponsor: Battlecorps, Prize: Certificates, SciFi 1:285 micro, Rules: CBT – Total Warfare
In 3075 Coalition forces arrived on Galatea to free it from Word of Blake forces. The fighting bogged down in Galatea City between both sides and resulted in brutal house to house fighting. Either help the Allies push Blakist forces from the city or stand and defend it. All materials, miniatures and dice provided. Intermediate to experienced players; no players under age 15.

S-372 - Battletech: Grand Melee
Sat. 8 PM, 5 hrs, 14 players
GM: Mark Yingling
The Trial for Bloodright is going to start and your only way to get in is by winning the Grand Melee. Select any clan mech (omni or standard) of any battlevalue 2 (BV2), but the gunnery and piloting of the mech is determined by the BV. If a player selects a mech with a high BV2, their gunnery and piloting skills will also be high. Top 3 Mechwarriors receive prizes. All materials, miniatures and dice provided. Intermediate to experienced players and no players under age 15. (NOTE: changed BV1 to BV2 from Historicon online PEL version)

BV2 Gunnery / Piloting Skills
1 - 600 0/0
601 – 900 0/1
901 – 1,000 1/1
1,001 – 1,300 1/2
1,301 – 1,400 2/2
1,401 – 1,500 2/3
1,501 – 1,800 3/3
1,801 – 2,100 3/4
2,101 – 2,200 4/4
2,201 – 2,500 4/5
2,501 – 2,600 5/5
2,601 – 2,700 5/6
2,701 – 3,000 6/6
3,001 – 3,100 6/7
3,101 + 7/7
NOTE: BV2 table is not offical
Site Administrator of Battletech Universe and Iron Wind Metals

"If you want Peace then you must prepare for War."

Flaco
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Flaco »

Like I said at LotB
Why does everything have to be 15+
Life is like playing a card game. Its not whether you get the best hand, its whether or not you play the worst hand well.

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Speck »

Flaco wrote:Like I said at LotB
Why does everything have to be 15+
Like I said in the Cold Wars thread, it was done because early on when we ran the main theme events we had alot of young in experienced kids play in the events. Which caused slow downs in game play because we had to show them the more advanced rules for weapons and such. As a result we started to do the grinder events all day which are basic mech rules for people of all ages. Like I said before, we have made exceptions in the past to that. It was done for the Grand Melee event at historicon 2008.

thecircus
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by thecircus »

I wish I could go, but I have a CAP encampment that weekend.

Jeff
"This is Liberty Hall, You can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!"

[fullalbumimg]3303[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]3543[/fullalbumimg]

preacher
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by preacher »

I'd love to get to some of these show's. But work get's in the way plus the distance.
I am Honor.
I am Courage.
I am Wolverine.

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

There's some interesting events there, unfortunately a little too far to travel.

Would you be willing to share scenario information privately on a couple of them as they sound particularly fun?

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Speck »

Heimdall wrote:There's some interesting events there, unfortunately a little too far to travel.

Would you be willing to share scenario information privately on a couple of them as they sound particularly fun?
Just send me a PM, I will be fine tuning the TO&Es and objectives over the month of June. I normally just get my mine ideas for the events together with the description in time for submitting them.

onthelam

Post by onthelam »

I'm in Pittsburgh on work for the next couple months. I'm going to see if I can make it out to Historicon before it moves even further east (native Southern Californian :P)

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

When Historicon comes to Baltimore, I will bring my son Daniel to play.
I think you'll be happy to wave the 15+ rule for him.
He's being taught BT by some of the best from the Richmond LotB crew.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Speck »

Historicon is only two weeks away, hope to see you there.

Here is some more information about the prizes for both the Raffle and game prizes

Brent Evans (CGL Art Director and Artists of the new Word of Blake mechs, battle armor, and fighters)
Three prints signed and framed - Archangel Dominus, Seraph Invictus, and Shedu Assault Battle Armor

Iron Wind Metals
Certificates for 10% off at the show
Four old Ral Partha Museum Scale Mechs

BV Traders
Prize not finalized yet

Catalyst Game Labs
Certificates for Battlecorps
Strategic Operations signed by Randall and Loren

Allen Soles
Prize not Finalized yet

Scott Davis
Painted Beginner Set for Grinder Prize

Mechs from CSO Artists
Cyttorak - Exterminator
Pendragon - Fenris (Golden Keshik - Wolf in Exile)
Ogre - Akuma (5th Sword of Light)
Hyena - Raven (2nd Silver Hawk Irregulars: Gryphons) and Yu Huang Liao