A question about fanfiction contests.....

Post your Battletech stories and read & rate the tales of others!

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Typhoon, trboturtle

How many fanfiction contest do you want to see a year?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Once a year is enough!
No votes
Twice is good enough
80%
Three times a year!!
No votes
Four times a year!!
20%

Total votes: 15

trboturtle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

A question about fanfiction contests.....

Post by trboturtle » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:55 pm

While the mods are trying to figure out how to change my access, I'd figure I'd get the ball rolling and see what you guys want on a few things over the next week or so. First up, how many Fanfiction contest do you want? Please make you peference known sometimes in the next three weeks......

Craig
[fullalbumimg]2878[/fullalbumimg]

BattleCorps Author -- "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "Snipe Hunt," "Groundpounder," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Color of Authority," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," and "My Father's Sword."

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Pesonally i think quaterly fiction contests would be a good call, one every four months sounds about right. :)

shalom itay
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by shalom itay » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:58 am

Hi, we have to take into account the other contests (art, design,minis painting etc...).

In the past we had problems of attendance while 2 contests overlaped (yes, RL is an issue).
So, I would think 2 contests per year are fine, and another ongoing project is called for.

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 am

I don't really have time or a place to paint, but I can submit fan fics, even if I'm overseas. I'd say that I agree with Shalom Itay. Twice a year is good, to allow for the painting contests and such.
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

thatjimboguy
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by thatjimboguy » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:05 pm

I think twice a year is perfect.
"Win if you can. Lose if you must, but always cheat" - Jesse "The Body" Ventura

trboturtle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by trboturtle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:25 am

The results have been interesting so far.......

Craig

BattleCorps Author -- "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "Snipe Hunt," "Groundpounder," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Color of Authority," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," and "My Father's Sword."

shalom itay
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by shalom itay » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:27 pm

trboturtle wrote:The results have been interesting so far.......

Craig
Do share :wink:

trboturtle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by trboturtle » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Could we get this sticky at the top of the page? I would do it myself, but the technology hates me....... :(

Craig

trboturtle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by trboturtle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:26 am

Thank you! :D

Craig

trboturtle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by trboturtle » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Okay! I think there's less then a week left in the poll, and the results have been interesting.....

So make you vote known as soon as possible!

Craig

trboturtle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by trboturtle » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am

Last day to Vote!! :D

Craig

shalom itay
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by shalom itay » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:27 am

The people have spoken!
Lets get the show on the road.

trboturtle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by trboturtle » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Yes they have! And as soon as I can coordinate with the other directors so I'm not stepping on their contests, I'll see about pulling together a new fanfiction contest!! :D

Craig