Sarna.net

Enjoy conversations with Battletech fans. Exchange ideas, ask questions, post new content.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

BobTheZombie
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Sarna.net

Post by BobTheZombie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:59 pm

Greetings! I am an editor over at the BattleTech Wiki and am posting this thread as a place for people to report errors or incorrect information found at the wiki. Together we can make it a better place!

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Sarna.net

Post by Steve Ronin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Thank you for your service, Bob.

I use Sarna regularly and although it has its inconsistencies, Sarna is recognized as being extremely accurate. sometimes moreso than canon. :D

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

BobTheZombie
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BobTheZombie » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks! :mrgreen: Be sure to let me know if you run into anything there that's wrong; I'm here to serve

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dart Omega » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:34 am

been there a few times but it is kind of lackluster on actual design specks for the battlemechs and other military equipment.

I use to use mechground for the actual tech specks for everything until it had become heavy with um issues.

still not a bad site.

BobTheZombie
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BobTheZombie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm

It was explained to me that we don't get too in depth on purpose because that could easily cause copyright infringement and lawsuits that no one wants to deal with. Is mechground still up/can it still be found?

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:53 pm

I haven't accessed MechGround in years.
last time I tried, it 404'd.

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dart Omega » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:26 am

yeah its been dead for a long time it seems, it now links to a birdfood site.
*sighs*
it was a wonderful site just wish it didn't go away.

WilliamTuckness
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by WilliamTuckness » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:27 pm

BobTheZombie, just be sure to include a note on Sarna.net that Land Air 'Mechs used to be tournament legal until Tactical Handbook was published with the current LAM rules, and that IO will have the new updated LAM rules.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:08 pm

WilliamTuckness wrote:and that IO will have the new updated LAM rules.
Or, by the time it sees print (if ever), TPTB will have Wisely banned LAMs once again. :lol:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

WilliamTuckness
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by WilliamTuckness » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:37 pm

GRUD, LAMs must not be banned. Banning LAMs from IO would be a very unwise mistake given the popularity of Transformers, RoboTech, Gobots, and other transformable human shaped robot properties. I actually think it was a mistake for the rules for LAMs to have been left out of TW. If Topps BTRulestypists want to attract way more customers for way more profits, then BTRulestypists better include the rules for LAMs in IO; otherwise Topps will lose profit margins substantially.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:26 pm

When BT first started, LAM's were a fraction of a percentage of the other designs, and their resulting "Draw" for the game was the same. Here it is nearly 30 years later, and they're even LESS of a fraction of a percent than they were back then. The decision to abolish LAMs so many years ago had a negligible affect on the Sales of BT, or on the number of players that left the game. I can't see dropping LAMs again affecting BT's "Profit Margin" AT ALL, much less "substantially". If dropping the Unseen didn't affect it, there's no way in Hell dropping LAMs would affect it. What do most people see that get into BT? Big Stompy Robots. I can't imagine very many people watch Voltron or even Top Gun and think, "Hey, let's play BattleTech! This looks Just Like that game." These days, if people watch Robotech, they'll Probably start playing the new RT game rather than BT.

In MY opinion, while Clan tech is Munchy, the only thing MORE Munchy would be a Clan LAM. :roll: That would be the Unassailable Pinnacle of "Munchiness".
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

BobTheZombie
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BobTheZombie » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:27 pm

WilliamTuckness wrote:BobTheZombie, just be sure to include a note on Sarna.net that Land Air 'Mechs used to be tournament legal until Tactical Handbook was published with the current LAM rules, and that IO will have the new updated LAM rules.
I think that that has been covered in the Notes section of the page; tell me if it should be reworded (or you could change it if you wanted).

BobTheZombie
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BobTheZombie » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:56 pm

GRUD wrote: I Apologize to BobTheZombie for the bump in the tracks! :oops:
...well, it was more like another train, but whatever... :wink: whether or not TPTB will listen to you, Sarna will, so be sure to tell us if there's anything I can help you with. Also, a survey is in the works for the wiki, so you can give us even more feedback so it can be even better!

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:26 pm

-MODERATOR MODE ENGAGED-

Please remove direct email links.
Posting someone's direct email is UNCOOL.
Thank You.

*Mode Disengaged*

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:31 pm

BOB,

Just wanted to say that I employed SARNA.NET MOBILE while at Historicon last weekend.
Worked GREAT.
only remark:
can we get less ads?
tis a pain to scroll past to get to the 'Mech info.

WilliamTuckness
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by WilliamTuckness » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Sorry about posting that email link; I didn't know that guy's name. And I won't post anymore email addresses on this website.

BobTheZombie
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BobTheZombie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:35 am

Steve Ronin wrote:BOB,

Just wanted to say that I employed SARNA.NET MOBILE while at Historicon last weekend.
Worked GREAT.
only remark:
can we get less ads?
tis a pain to scroll past to get to the 'Mech info.
Well, I dunno, I could talk to the guy in charge, but I think that's the point of ads: to annoy you. I usually use Sarna on the computer (with an adblocker :D ), so I don't even notice that they're there. I know that on the normal wiki the top ad got HUGE, but that was just very recently. I could see if their size could be reduced though... I'll get back to you on that. Thanks for trying to keep this on-topic.

CJ_Keys
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by CJ_Keys » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:01 pm

WilliamTuckness wrote:1. Go to the first link I posted in my reply to GRUD, and look at "Site Statistics" "Total Players" and you should see the number 27.
I did before posting. I see nothing to indicate it is MFNA. Also as I said if you want a better read on the community check the demo team website.
CDT Commando # 316

My Frappr Site&Blog
Join the Battltech Frappr Map today!!!