LAMs old issues and how did you fix them?

Enjoy conversations with Battletech fans. Exchange ideas, ask questions, post new content.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: LAMs old issues and how did you fix them?

Post by eLMsm »

Hi Steve Ronin, hi Grognard, I went to said Supplementary Rules Forum and I tried to look for a way to post a new topic, but I couldn’t find that way. Apparently registration is necessary to post new topics at official BT website.

Grognard, I prefer that you, while logged in at said official BT website that has said Supplementary Rules Forum, post a new topic there called Many ?s about Land-Air ‘Mechs and post a link to page 1 of this topic LAMs old issues and how did you fix them? here at BTU. Thanks.
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

hey man.
what is going on with you and TPTB over at the official site?
Groggy saw your post.
He went and created a whole thread.
it was up less than 10 minutes before being locked and deleted from the site.
Plus, he got a 90 day warning.
I'm pinging people, and i know he has too.
HE is a little PISSED.

but really?
:?:

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

I don’t know about myself vs. Official BT website Administrators and Moderators. I theorize that the Moderators and Administrators of Official BT website don’t like being outsmarted and/or outfoxed and/or don’t like LAMs very much and/or don’t like beings that aren’t desensitized and/or that aren’t corporately greedy. I have chosen to interact with others via friendlinesses, but TPTB have chosen to interact via fear. I think ATN had the same problem before he was banned from Official BT website. I like to use magic; Moderators & Administrators of Official BT website like strict science.
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

okay. Yeah, I'm understanding were there could be some friction.

way back in the day, when it was FASA, the developers created SHADOWRUN and BATTLETECH.
BattleTech is very hard science and near future fiction based.
SHADOWRUN is a combination of Neuromancer and magic and Cyberpunk.

...and TPTB have alway worked hard to keep that delineation.
i believe you and ATN ran head first into that wall.

I think you have some good ideas and concepts worth exploring.
I will run them by some other fan sites for their consideration.
Some of your other ideas are solidly magic based, and I believe they should stay in the ShadowRun universe.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Hi Grognard, you might want to also post a link to page 1 of this topic on www.Sarna.net/forums BattleTech General Forum. Just an idea, and have a great day. :) My friend, Bill Wilson, said he hopes he is going to register at www.Sarna.net/forums , www.BattleTechUniverse.org , and www.Mordel.net Forums at about June 2nd.

Hi Steve Ronin, I’m guessing you’re communicating about my Positive Traits and Negative Traits topic of “magic” based rules. Note that I tried to keep a balance between real life and Phantom Combat “magic” like Traits rules.